Are CEREC® Crowns Better Than Traditional Crowns?
CEREC® crowns are changing the way we do dentistry.
But just what are CEREC® crowns?
Are they better than traditional crowns?
Here’s what you need to know before you get your next crown.
What is CEREC®?
CEREC® is the latest in digital dental technology.
With it, we can make precise, comfortable, and fabulous dental restorations by using 3D digital technology to scan, design, and create dental crowns. And it’s all done right here in our office!
Using cutting-edge CAD/CAM technology, we take digital impressions of your tooth that are sent to an in-office CEREC® milling machine. In just a matter of minutes, the CEREC® machine can create a beautiful crown.
In the past, you had to wait weeks for your crown to come back from the lab.
With CEREC®, you can leave our office on the same day with your new crown placed and ready to go!
Are there any other advantages with CEREC® crowns?
Yes, there are!
Advantages of CEREC® crowns over traditional crowns
Digital technology provides many benefits, often making your dental visits shorter, more comfortable, and more productive.
Here are a few of the ways that CEREC® crowns are an improvement on traditional crowns:
- Precise fit – Digital impressions are highly detailed and allow us to create a crown with an exact fit.
- No messy impressions – Digital impressions also mean no need for messy, gooey bite impressions. Yay!
- No need for temporaries – Since your crown is created and placed on the same day, you no longer need to wear a temporary crown while your permanent one is crafted. With CEREC®, we’ve eliminated a whole step.
- Long-lasting – Your new crown is made of extremely durable porcelain materials that can last for decades.
- Saves money – CEREC® crowns eliminate the need for repeated visits to our office, saving you time and money!
- Beautiful results – Natural-luster porcelain looks gorgeous, and your new dental crown will blend in naturally with your teeth.
You have to admit: There are a lot of reasons to love CEREC® crowns!
But, technology is only as good as the human operator behind it.
Are our Prescott dentists trained to use this new technology effectively?
Your smile is in the best of hands!
Their specialized training for creating same-day crowns and hands-on experience with using CEREC® technology has proven to be an invaluable resource for other doctors!
Distinctive Dental Care has been a leader in next-generation dental care since 1987, and we are always on the lookout for new techniques and technologies for general, restorative, or cosmetic dentistry to improve our patients’ experience or results.
Ready to give CEREC® crowns a try?
Have we sold you on the advantages of CEREC® same-day crowns over traditional crowns?
Our patients who have tried CEREC® love the results they’ve gotten and all the hassle they saved!
Talk with us about CEREC® for your next crown.